JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
MAPLEWOOD VILLAGE ALLIANCE – SPECIAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
The Board of Directors of the Maplewood Village Alliance SID has an opening for the Village Manager position, effective December 1, 2017. The position is approximately 16 to 20 hours per week, working from your location. Flexible hours with some evening meetings.
This job presents a terrific opportunity to contribute to the sustainability and success of the local business district and community of Maplewood, New Jersey. Through the facilitation of Board dialogue focused on meaningful goals and objectives, and influencing and coordinating activities that will help achieve these goals, the Village Manager will have the opportunity for a positive and meaningful impact in our diverse, unique community.
* Managing the daily activities of the special improvement district
* Developing goals and strategies consistent with the Alliance’s mission statement
* Working in a positive manner with merchants and property owners
* Working with the Township to recruit retail merchants
* Coordinating with representatives of the community and governmental groups on programs of common interest including events, promotions, policies and projects
* Marketing and promoting Maplewood Village and its merchant community
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
* Must be a self-starter
* Excellent organizational skills
* An ability to influence and collaborate effectively
* A proven communicator with success in building relationships
* Resourcefulness and high energy level
* Experience working in a non-profit, government or SID environment helpful
* Computer literacy, including Word, Excel and Quicken
* Understanding of Internet marketing tools.
Those interested should submit their resume by Friday, October 6 to:
John James, President
Maplewood Village Alliance
PO Box 1360
Maplewood, NJ 07040